Daylight Savings Time ends this Sunday at 2am, as clocks ‘fall back’ one hour. And now that you have that friendly reminder….here’s some random info involving the time change that you might find helpful. Or interesting. Or…not.
- A survey by Zico Coconut Water reveals that 58% of people would be willing to pay $2,725 for an extra hour in their day.
- A Better Sleep Council survey found that 61% of people feel the effects of DST the Monday after resetting their clocks.
- A University of Alabama-Birmingham survey reveals an increase of 10% in the risk of a heart attack on the Monday and Tuesday after Daylight Savings Time begins…and a DECREASE of 10% when it ends.
- A Stanford study reveals there is a significant increase in fatal traffic accidents the Sunday after a time change.
- A Michigan State University study reveals that when we ‘fall back’, we only gain 12 minutes of sleep, not one hour. In the spring, when that hour is taken away, people lose an average of 40 minutes of sleep.
- Fire Prevention Experts say people should use the end of daylight saving time to change the batteries in their smoke alarms – good idea!
- A study by Careerbuilder reveals that daylight savings time costs the North American economy well over $450 million a year in lost productivity AND increases in worker injuries.
Enjoy that extra hour…..er, make that 12 minutes…of sleep. And let’s be safe out there! ~ Jason