Fire crews were quick on the scene of an electrical fire that spread to some nearby grass in Vernon.
Captain Doug Imrich from Vernon Fire Rescue says the site was just behind the former Pantry Restaurant on 32nd Street.
“It came in as a power pole on fire (just after 3 pm Tuesday). It turns out we had a small grass fire. It sounds like a couple birds landed on the power pole, shorted it out and it fell down and started the grass fire,” Imrich tells Kiss FM.
Imrich says they quickly knocked the accidental blaze down, with only some burned grass.
He says there were concerns with an abandoned building nearby.
“But the crews hit it quick, and put it out,” adds Imrich.
Photo: Site of grass fire off 32 Street caused by electrical issue. Burned grass at right.