Summer’s here. It actually rolled in last night officially at 9:24 PM, PST. In honour of the first full day of summer, some summer trivia for you. Answers can be found at the end of the blog.
If you’re looking for something to celebrate, this is Summer Solstice, Daylight Appreciation Day, Day of the Gong, Seashell Day (First Day of Summer),
1. What year was the beach ball invented?
Photo Attribution: Wikipedia
2. What is the hottest temperature ever recorded on Earth?
3. How did the popsicle come about?
4. WhatMr. Freeze flavours can you find in the “Mr Freeze Jumbo 150 Years Happy Canada Birthday” pack?
2. 134 degrees Fahrenheit– It was recorded in Death Valley, CA
3. According to the Popsicle website “In 1905, 11-year-old Frank Epperson left a mixture of powdered soda, water, and a stirring stick in a cup on his porch. It was a cold night, and Epperson awoke the next morning to find a frozen pop. He called it the “Epsicle.” It was a hit with his friends at school, and later with his own kids. They constantly called for “Pop’s ‘sicle.” So in 1923, Epperson changed the name and applied for a patent. A couple of years later, Epperson sold the rights to the brand name Popsicle® to the Joe Lowe Company in New York. The rest is history!”
4: The answer can be found in these photos
Jason and Jen of Kiss Mornings have been busy handing out Mr. Freezies today with many flavours.