Today’s KISS FM Business Spotlight shines on the Pacific Coastal Airlines. Pacific Coastal Airlines provides regular schedule, charter, and cargo services to 15 airports with connections to 50+ destinations in British Columbia, more than any other airline.
They’re the sixth largest airline operating at Vancouver International Airport (YVR) based on total outbound seats, and third largest based on take offs and landings.
An equal opportunity employer, they employ over three hundred people in two divisions across fourteen bases including pilots, flight attendants, engineers, dispatchers, and cargo. The administrative office is located at YVR’s South Terminal in Richmond B.C., and their Seaplane division is headquartered in Port Hardy on Vancouver Island.
Community Support & Sponsorship
Pacific Coastal Airlines is proud to be part a part of the communities they serve. Their commitment includes support for various local charities and organizations throughout the year.
Pacific Coastal has received numerous awards and recognition from various organizations over the years. Some of the most recent include, but are not limited to:
- Orphaned Wildlife Rehabilitation Society – special recognition 2014
- BC SPCA Caring Company of the Year Award (2013)
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medallion (President Quentin Smith) for long term support of Special Olympics BC (2013)
- Hope Air Philanthropist of the Year Award (Quentin Smith) 2013
- Richmond Chamber of Commerce Business Leadership Award (President Quentin Smith) 2013
- Vancouver Aquarium’s Marine Mammal Rescue Centre – special recognition (2011)