This Easter weekend after the Easter Bunny came, our coloured hard boiled eggs were used for egg sandwiches, the chocolate eggs were packed and our family spent Easter afternoon exploring the Okanagan Rail Trail on the North end. We hiked almost adjacent to Rattlesnake Point and along the way came to a few conclusions.
You’ll need good runners or hiking boots as the trail is still a bit rough.
- We’ll have our bikes tuned up for the next trek out there. It’s great for cyclists.
- Be sure to bring your doggie poop bags.
- Be sure to dispose of your doggie poop bags and not on the trail, which we witnessed.
- Bring water. Even in spring weather it’s needed.
- The trail’s busy with cyclists. Fat bikes are popular for it.
- There seems to be a trend where people are taking strollers for their dogs.
- Have your dog on a leash or you might be reminded like our family was yesterday
- Park your vehicle so others can have some space to park as well. It’s busy!
- Use the little girl’s or boy’s room before you go, as there are no facilities yet.
For a look at some drone images and more uploaded on youtube by Mathew Tasson, check this out.
For more on the Okanagan Rail Trail initiative see https://okanaganrailtrail.ca/
Have you hiked or biked the Okanagan Rail Trail this spring or summer? What do you think of it so far? TALK or TEXT 250-545-7557, email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Facebook or Tweet.