Today’s KISS FM Business Spotlight is on the Armstrong Regional Co-Op. The 100% Canadian owned Co-Op started in 1922 with just six members and has now grown to 14,000 members which also includes roughly one-thousand from Vernon.
Some other interesting facts:
- Member owners have input to our operations through their board elections each year at the Annual General Meeting.
- Have returned just over $39 million dollars to their member/owners since 1990 for them to spend or save within our communities.
- Their profits stay within the community and don’t make there way back to Wall Street or Bay Street
- Grown to be a $49 million co-op this year with operations in Armstrong, Canoe, Salmon Arm and Scotch Creek
- Strong community supporter focused on youth programs, youth sports, education bursaries, 4H, hospice care and other community organizations
Exciting news the Co-Op wil be growing into the Vernon market with a new gas bar and convenience site on 27th near Tim Horton’s. Construction will start around the beginning of May.